Font Software License Agreement for Electronic (or “Digital”) Publication
1. Notice to user. You (End User) have not purchased the ownership rights to this font, but rather a license to use this font on a limited basis. By downloading and/or installing and/or embedding the licensed font software ("font”) from P22 or font distributed exclusively by P22 such as and not limited to the Hamilton Wood Type Foundry, International House of Fonts, Lanston Type Company, or other in any eBook software, You ("End User ") agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this end user license agreement ("EULA"). This EULA, in conjunction with the receipt (“Receipt”) that accompanies each purchase from P22, constitutes the complete agreement (“Agreement”) between the End User and P22. Please note that this license is implicitly intended for eBook usage. Additional licenses such as and including: desktop use, multi-user licensing, webfonts, mobile apps and games, software for MAC/PC, and other commercial and embedding uses not provided by this agreement, can be found at http://www.p22.com. If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot access, use or download the Font Software. Please read this entire licensing document before agreeing.
2. Grant Of License and Restrictions. Upon payment in full, P22 grants you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license, to embed the P22 distributed font software within digital publications, including digital products that are commercial products (i.e. eBooks, ePub), subject to all of the following:
-The font software licensed for ePubs/ eBooks use is licensed solely for one device in the development of the ePubs/ eBooks software. The purchase of the appropriate multi-device, desktop software license is required to accommodate the installation of this font software on more than one device.
-The font software is licensed for the number of ePubs/ eBooks contained on the receipt at the time of purchase with perpetual rights granted by this agreement.
-The use of the P22 font software within the following formats is permitted and limited to: ePub 2.0-3.0 (standard and fixed layout format), Adobe Digital editions eReader software, PDF, MOBI and KF8.
- The font software must be embedded within the ePub/ eBook in a non-editable format with Printing and Viewing rights only.
-The font software may not be installed on the operating system on which the ePub/ eBook runs and may not allow end user access to the font software outside of the digital publication software.
-End Users shall have no right to use Font Software to create, modify, or edit a document or use the software or any derivative works in any other manner other then set forth herein.
-Licensee (You, End User) agrees that it will take sufficient measures to ensure that the font software is adequately secured within the ePub/ eBook software, including, but not limited to, obfuscating font file names within the ePub/ eBook software and subsetting of the font’s character set.
- The Font software may not be made publicly available or distributed via and not limited to the internet, download, network LAN/WAN, email or physical media.
3. Transfer of License. The transfer of the font software to a third party is not permitted without additional consent and licensing through P22.
4. Font Modification. The font may not be modified without the written consent of P22. The modified font software may not be sold or distributed, unless under special arrangement and consent of P22. You may not use the font software to create derivative formats.
5. Distribution. Font software may only be distributed by P22 and authorized distributors. It is unlawful to distribute the font software via and not limited to the internet, download, network LAN/WAN, email or physical media. End User must maintain a record of purchase. If you have purchased your font(s) directly from P22, you have been automatically registered. If you ordered your font from an authorized P22 reseller, please keep a record of the time and place of the purchase.
6. Back-up. One copy of the font software may be made for back-up and archival purposes only. The End User is responsible for the back-up copy.
7. Copyright/Ownership. This software and accompanying documentation are copyrighted and contain intellectual property information owned by P22 and protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 USC Â§ 512. You may not make or distribute copies of this software or accompanying documentation without the express written consent of P22.
8. Design Credit. You agree to credit P22 type foundry, Inc. as the trademark and copyright owner and creator of the P22 Fonts, in the following manner: ©(year) (Font Name), All Rights Reserved P22 type foundry, Inc. http://www.p22.com, wherever and whenever design production or any other credits are shown.
9. Disclaimer and Limited Warranty. P22 warrants that the font software is free of errors and will be replaced within 90 days of purchase in the event of defective media. If failure of the font software results from accident, abuse, or neglect, P22 assumes no responsibility to replace the software.
THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND P22 SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. IN ADDITION, P22 DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE WRITTEN MATERIALS IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS A RESULT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY THE USER.
10. Construction. This agreement is governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. All disputes between P22 and the end user, whether or not arising hereunder, shall be conducted within the courts and jurisdiction of the Eastern District Court, New York.
Please register your fonts. If you have purchased your font(s) directly from P22, you have been automatically registered. If you ordered your font from an authorized P22 reseller, please keep a record of the time and place of the purchase.
11. Termination. P22 reserves the right to terminate this agreement immediately if you (the end user) fail to comply with the terms set forth in this agreement. Upon termination, you must remove the font software from all devices and digital publications and return all documentation, back-up software and the original font software in the original packaging to P22. In the event the EULA terminates for any reason, both Extensions contained herein will terminate without any further action on the part of either party.
12. Update Policy. At the option of P22, there may be an updated version of the license available on our website. For more questions about licensing or to upgrade this license: www.p22.com
©2013 P22 type foundry, Inc., all rights reserved.
For further information: http://www.p22.com
Stay in tune with what’s happening, Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to hear about new releases, sales, and get FREE FONTS by subscribing!